Email signature is now a must when it comes to formal professional emails. It shows that you are a professional and needless to say that a signature underneath any document is very important. Well, email signatures contain your basic contact information like in your Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express signature. So, it can be anything, right from your pet name, brand name or website details absolutely a anything that gives out personal information.
For example, in Windows Mail or Outlook Express, you can add multiple signatures, like one for work mail and other for private messages. Mail for Windows 10 is an email program very distinct in style from Windows Live Mail and its older versions of Windows Mail and Outlook Express. Although, setting up Mail for Windows 10 signatures is relatively easy. So, there are two ways you can add a signature to your Windows live mail or Hotmail.
How To Add Signature To Windows Live Mail / Hotmail
Create a Signature in Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express
- Login to Hotmail. Visit Hotmail.com, outlook.com or Live.com and enter your login details and log in.
- Once you have logged in, take the cursor to your name which is appearing at the top-right corner of the mail screen. And on click ‘options’ that will appear from a drop-down menu.
- Go to mail settings and ‘Options’, you will see ‘mail’ click on that, the ‘Hotmail Options’ window will pop up.
- Click on ‘Message font and Signature’ option.
- Create Hotmail Signature by clicking the ‘Personal Signature’ option where you add in your desired text for the Hotmail signature.
- Click ‘Save’ button and you now have set a new Hotmail Signature. For every email reply or a fresh new email you send, this Hotmail Signature will automatically get attached to the footer of the mail.
Choose and Insert Signatures Manually in Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express
Adding an email signature in Windows Live Mail is done through the Options dialog
- Open the email signature options, go to the menu button, and click Options.
- Once the Windows Live Mail’s Options dialog opens click on ‘Signatures’ option. This is where you will create, delete, and manage your email signatures.
- Customize any other editing settings in ‘signature settings’. Here you can add a signature to your outgoing emails or store any signature you created, or add, delete, or rename signatures. All the email signature options and settings available in Windows Live Mail are conveniently located in one place under the same tab.
- To add or create a new email signature in Windows Live Mail, click the new option which will automatically create a blank signature numbered 1. Here you can create a plain text or HTML email signature and edit it. Now simply type the text you would like to appear as signature, no formatting is available and only plain text, spaces and new lines are allowed. Type your email signature.
Also Read: Ways To Block YouTube Ads
If you wish for a more classic and sophisticated email signature, you can always import an “HTML” file. this format will include the formatting information like colors, bold, italic, or even images to your signature. To import an HTML, just select “File” instead of “Text” under Edit Signature option and choose your HTML file that contains the rich format signature. Add a the HTML signature from the file and rename it in Windows Live Mail. That’s it! You now have a fully functional email signature on your Windows Live Mail.