Gmail is one of the best e-mail services provided by Google to us. It has redefined e-mails and it seems to be one of the most convenient platforms to stay in touch through mails. Be it professional connection or a simple long distance friendship; Gmail seems to reduce the communication gap in the most transparent way. Nowadays, everyone has a Gmail account for receiving mails, and it is likely to get circulated around amongst your friends. Sometimes, your email ID falls in wrong hands and the person starts spamming you with unwanted mails. What to do in such case?
How To Block Someone On Gmail?
Deleting the mail ID will be a really bad idea because most of your friends and colleagues might be connected to you through this. In such case, the only option left is to block the other person. But, there are many people who do not know the procedure to block someone on Gmail. To create awareness about this, here we will tell you the steps to block a particular person on Gmail in simple ways. Follow the steps properly and stay safe.
Steps To Block Someone On Gmail?
- The first and foremost step is to log in to your account, without which you will not have access to any of your account related information.
- Look for an email from the unwanted sender. You can either search it through the search engine or find it manually by scrolling across the screen.
- If you remember the person’s name or email ID, you directly find him/her by typing the keyword in search engine.
- Once you have found the mail, you can click on it to open.
- After opening, you must look at the extreme right side of your window.
- There you will find an arrow directed downwards.
- Click on that arrow and a drop down menu will be displayed.
- There you will find a number of options and amongst that you will find ‘Block XYZ.’ XYZ is the name of the sender.
- You can click this option and the sender will be blocked immediately.
- After performing this task, that particular will no more be able to send you mails from that particular email ID.
- However, if the person makes another email ID, then he/she can mail you.
Sometimes, you subscribe a newsletter or email notifications for a particular website. In such cases, you will always receive the mails from that website. Many people get bored of that, and they want to block the site from sending mails. In some cases you can follow the method prescribed above. But, many such automated mail systems do not have blocking option. But, it will have an unsubscribe option through which you can stop the source from sending you emails.
In rare cases, if you are not able unsubscribe the newsletter, you can send an official email to the contact person or at the ID of administrator, stating the request to stop receiving the mails from that source. Most probably, you they will respond and they will remove you from their recipient’s list.